1) There is always a way. There is a solution to every problem. Know this, believe this, and you will find a way to succeed. Maybe not the way you thought but in a way that will work for you.
2) Every little thing is going to be alright. Tomorrow is another day. You will survive, you will prosper, you will be happy. The dawn always comes. Rest assured, someday you will look back and smile (or at least not grimace!).
3) I’ve got what it takes… and if I don’t, I can find it, borrow or hire it! My sense of self is anchored deep within, from this flows wonderful peace.
4) I can direct and control my thoughts, this in turn allows me to manage my emotions, staying confidently cool, calm, and collected in all circumstances.
5) Persistence Pays: Success is often incremental; people often underestimate the power of effort compounded over the years i.e. it often takes decades to become an “overnight” success.
6) Positivity = Opportunity. Optimists succeed more often because a) They try more often, believing that good things will happen, b) They try longer, certain success is right around the corner, c) They try harder because they are sure that it will pay off.
7) Feedback is the Breakfast of Champions: I am a Continuous Learner, a sponge for knowledge, I am adaptable and flexible; I will stay coachable, open to seeing myself as others see me.
8) Hard Work and Preparation Create “Luck”: The harder I work, the luckier I get; Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity.
9) Life is a Journey, Enjoy it! The moment of victory is too fleeting to live for that alone!
10) The greatest of all risk is to try to run none. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. A ship in a harbor is safe but that isn’t what ships are for. Plan carefully, lay off all the risk you can, make sure it is worth it but at some point you proceed.
Our beliefs are powerful beyond measure; for better or worse, they impact our lives in ways we are only dimly aware of and yet our beliefs are ours to choose if we but have the courage to fully access our potential.
“Man is what he believes.” – Anton Chekhov, 1860-1904
“It’s what you choose to believe that makes you the person you are.” – Karen Marie Moning
“Man is made and unmade by himself. In the armory of thought he forges the weapons which will destroy him. He also creates the tools with which he will build for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace. Between these two extremes are all the grades of character and man is their maker and their master.” – James Allen
“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I shall have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Mahatma Gandhi
As always, I share what I most want and need to learn. – Nathan S. Collier