1. Believe in Yourself: You cannot truly, fully love others until you love yourself for you cannot give what you do not have.
2. Embrace Positivity, Banish Negativity: Optimists succeed more often, mainly because they try more often and try longer and harder. You never really know how far you can go until you go too far! So push the edge; you are greater and more resilient than you know. A positive attitude doesn’t automatically solve everything but it does make everything more pleasant and enjoyable.
3. Forget the Jones: Comparison is the enemy of Contentment. Count YOUR Blessings, embrace an Attitude of Gratitude, adopt the Habit of Happiness. “Most folks are about as happy as they choose to be.” – Abe Lincoln. If it is a choice, why not choose to be happy? Direct your energy, fill your mind with thoughts on what is right and good. Thoughts held in mind attract in kind, what we focus on expands, look where you want to go.
4. Choose Powerful Role Models, Associate with those who have Awesome Aspirations; it will rub off on you! Birds of a feather flock together: What do the people you pick to spend time with say about your future?
5. Walk (Run?) away from relationships that don’t serve you, that are dysfunctional energy drainers. The only person you can change is you. Resolve to make your life a No Drama Zone, avoid people and situations that are toxic.
6. Looking Backward while trying to move Forward never works. Release the past, yesterday ended last night, today is a new day full of promise and potential. Each new day empowers you to make new, better decisions, to roll out a new, improved model of you. The past should be a place of reference, never residence.
As always, I share what I most want/need to learn. – Nathan S. Collier