You have GREATNESS within you, waiting for you to fully activate it. You want more, know you are capable of more, interested in being better, growing, learning, exploring; here is how to do it.
1) Pay Attention to What You Feed Your Mind: Nutrition for the mind is akin to nutrition for the body. Strengthening the mind requires frequent trips to the mental gym; daily doses of growth and/or inspirational literature, both personal and professional. Junk food mental diet = weak and unfocused mind = wasted life. Your choice.
2) Focus Like a Laser: Create a Plan, Work Your Plan: To live the life of your dreams, you must have a dream(s) and action plans with targets and deadlines to bring them to life. You should set 3 to 5 goals for each of the six major roles of your life (Personal, Professional, Physical, Spiritual, Family/Friends, and Community). Create contingency plans for setbacks. Everyone stumbles, plateaus are normal. Failure is never permanent UNLESS you make it so. Simply learn from the experience, assess, recommit, re-vamp as appropriate, love yourself and move on.
3) Feedback: The Breakfast of Champions: Internal: Journal, Journal, Journal. Journaling gives you perspective, a chance to review your progress, learn your patterns and triggers, hone your awareness. External: Are You Truly Coachable? Do Others Think So? Ask those closest to you, at home and at work, what 3 things (or more) you could do better. Then shut up and listen.
4) Lock in Lifelong Learning: If you are not growing, you are stagnating. Life is all about change. If you change before a crisis forces you to change, you have much more control over the direction and pace. Read voraciously, stock your car with educational CD’s, vigorously seek out opportunities to expand your mind.
5) Cultivate Your Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Health: Exercise regularly, eat light, eat healthy, eat nutritiously, avoid processed foods. Find time to relax and recuperate, seek out sources of inspiration. You are your greatest resource; taking loving care of yourself is just smart and will help keep your energy levels high.
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn, 1930-2005
“Coachable people seek out those who speak truth to them, even if it is a painful truth, because it makes them better.” – Gary Rohrmayer
“Successful people are successful because they FEED THEIR MIND every day. They feed their mind with SUCCESS. Just like a strong body needs the right nutrients to achieve peak condition, we need the right information and intake to achieve maximum success.” – Fearless Motivation
As always, I share what I most want and need to learn. – Nathan S. Collier