1. Own BFF Mindset: To achieve your best self, you MUST learn to believe in yourself, in your potential, in your inner greatness i.e. you must have Self Trust. One way to do this is to choose to become your own BFF, to resolve to always be on your own side, your own best cheerleader. Turn your inner critic into your inner coach.
“What a liberation to realize that the voice in my head is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees that.” – E. Tolle
2. Goal-Setting Mindset: ALWAYS have your “Eye on the Mountain Top”. Goals pull you forward, focus your energy, motivate. Have a overall plan for your life, separate, more detailed ones for each of your six major roles in life with action plans, targets, deadlines for each. Make sure they reflect your personal (not your parents’ or peers’ or social media/society’s) values. Ask yourself how will you/your life be better/different after you achieve each goal? Write your anticipated results down and then go back and This will increase your Predictive Intelligence.
“We create many of our punishments by the actions we commit. Do something today your future self will thank-you for.” – Nathan S. Collier
3. Focused Mindset: It amazes me how many people dissipated their energy by drifting through life. We all go the same distance, just some of us travel in circles. If that is what you want, fine, just don’t wake up and wonder why so many are so far ahead of you. I highly recommend journaling to focus your thoughts, to increase your self-awareness, to help you plan and review your goals.
“Lack of focus, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” ― Zig Ziglar
4. Continuous Learning Mindset: Grow, grow, grow – Learning should not stop when formal schooling stops. Self-education is the best education there is. You are the CEO of your Life, it’s up to you to keep yourself relevant.
“Life is tough. It is even tougher if you don’t make the effort to educate yourself.” – Nathan S. Collier
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” – Alvin Toffler, “Future Shock”
5. Positivity Mindset: I’m a BIG advocate of positive thinking. I believe that “What you focus on expands” and “Thoughts held in mind attract in kind”. If you feel resistance to positive thinking, simply eliminating negative thinking, re-framing your point of view, will take you a long way.
“A person’s life is but the outward manifestation of their thoughts.” – Nathan S. Collier
As always, I share what I most want and need to learn. – Nathan S. Collier