- They monitor their self-talk; keep it positive, solution oriented. They choose companions in life that challenge them to be their best.
- They Release. They focus on their sphere of influence and let go of what is beyond their control.
- They have an Attitude of Gratitude, they count their blessings daily and do their best to pay it forward.
- They walk on the Sunny Side of the Street. They are resilient optimists, full of enthusiasm, confident that where there is a will, there generally is a way.
- They exercise regularly and treat their bodies with respect, eating healthy and practicing smart nutrition.
- They are continuously learning, with a deep thirst for new knowledge and updating their internal maps. They exercise their mental muscles with the same devotion they do their physical muscles.
- They set goals and create action plans with accountability checkpoints. They journal to increase their self-awareness and monitor their progress. They utilize affirmations and visualizations to maintain focus.
Closing Quotes (7!):
“Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brene Brown
“The secret of happiness lies in the mind’s release from worldly ties.” – Gautama Buddha
“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” – A. A. Milne
“Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.” – Colin Powell
“You have to exercise, or at some point you’ll just break down.” – Barack Obama
“In a time of drastic change, it is the learners who inherit the future.” – Eric Hoffer
“If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
As always, I share what I most want and need to learn. – Nathan S. Collier